To all my educator friends we have made it to the half way point and I say HYFR (you can interpret those letters for your own enjoyment)!!! Congratulations! We are almost done. You have made it to the half way point and you get to take that much needed deep breath and reset for the next half. I know all the sugar from snacks, final reviews, silly questions about why do they have to do the review and everything else is testing your second to last nerve, but hang in there you have maybe a week and a half to two weeks until you get a small taste of freedom. Here are a couple things to help you enjoy this well earned Christmas break……
- You might be a teacher who’s about to go on Christmas break if the last week of school you have no idea what to wear. You want to be festive and wear your ugly christmas shirts/sweaters but you also just want to put on yoga pants and a big over sized sweatshirt….the same one…… for the whole week. Why, because your just trying to get to that last day without really having to think about anything extra…..like wardrobe.
2. You might be a teacher who’s about to be on Christmas Break if you are looking forward to all the wonderful sugary treats that will help increase your holiday weight gain but will give you enough of a sugar rush to make it through each day. Don’t worry you’ll add losing it to your New Year’s resolutions or just wait until the end of the school year to get rid of the weight. Don’t forget you still have to get through standardized testing and a slew of other spring shows, plays, concerts, etc. that will do a number on your stress weight. It’s all good though, you still look amazing regardless.
3. You might be a teacher who’s about to go on Christmas break if you’re excited about having a break from students, but also know you’ll miss them. No matter how much of a break we need, we still care if our babies (no matter what level) are happy and safe. There aren’t many of us who completely zone out and forget about the well being of our kids.
4. You might be a high school teacher who’s about to go on Christmas break if you have repeated 575,000 time that the review is just like the mid-term. Because you’ll still get questions like “Is it necessary to do it” “Do I need to do all of it” “Is this a major grade” ” Why can’t I exempt”. Just smile nod and say yes, because you only have to see them for 6 more days (Bwhahahahha).
5. You might be a teacher on who’s about to go on Christmas if you beat the buses out on the last day. You have pushed the kids out of your class. Sang wonderful goodbye songs. Gave the occasional high five. All with your bags on your shoulder so that you can get home to take the nap that you have been waiting for since the first day of school.
So enjoy your much needed break fellow educators. You deserve some time for yourself and your family. Don’t forget to recharge for the next semester!!!!